April 12, 2009

My 6 Hours of Spa Heaven

Okay I need to post this while I'm still in my euphoric state. I just had 6 hours of spa bonding session with my mom and sister. It was so fun and relaxing! We had it at the Hotel Rembrandt Spa and it was such a delightful experience. May I say that the staff are super nice and galing? At first it looks as if the spa is quite small but the space doesn't really matter, the service was fantastic! We are definitely going back there.

So why 6 hours? We had a spa package. Got it from a friend. 6 hours of pure bliss! First we had a steam bath (which is free to use by the way) with free flowing iced tea (or coffee if you prefer), after our steam bath, we proceeded to have our salt body scrub and wrap. They rub your entire body with sea salt and oils that takes away the dead skin cells and leaves your skin so smooth! This treatment comes with a free scalp massage that's so relaxing I fell asleep hahaha! After rubbing you with sea salt, they wrap you up and leave the salt on your skin for about 15 to 30 minutes and then you rinse them away.

Right after our salt body scrub, we had our foot spa and hand paraffin. The wax is HOT but it left my hand soft, smooth and supple. Oh, and it smells wonderful too! Heaven I tell you! Foot being massaged while you watch the tellie while sipping endless iced tea (or coffee). You can close your eyes for a quick nap as well if you don't like to while your time away watching the tellie. Me? I watched the tellie and made chit chats with the staff hahaha!

After the foot spa and the hand paraffin was the therapeutic body massage. Gaaah! Can I just say heaven again? The massage took away all the stiffness of my joints and muscles that I fell asleep 2 minutes into it. From the scalp to the end of your toes, the massage just relaxes you and you feel energized after.

And the finale, manicure and pedicure. Sigh. I want to go back! As in this coming weekend! hahaha! But I want the facials when I go back. I just want to try everything! Addicted much? Nyahahaha!

So what's the deal with the spa session? It was my gift to my mom. It was her birthday yesterday so what better way to celebrate it than a relaxing, stress relieving spa date right? Just us girls. :) Needless to say, my mom, sis and I enjoyed every minute and we can't wait to go back for another round.

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...