August 7, 2010

Closing the Door

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" - Ecclesiastes 3:1

"It's sad that silence has become normal between us. Not the nice kind of silence, or the comfortable kind of silence. But the awkward kind of silence, like between strangers. Our silence is an avoidance of the truth."

As much as I want to keep trying to fix things between us, I think I've done more than enough of my share to bridge a gap that I didn't initiate or create. I can honestly say I did my best to pick up the pieces and put them back to the way it was. But try and try as I might, the effort is one sided, my side. My side that you didn't even listen to.

You may say I am giving up on our friendship, I say I am just accepting the fact that everything has it's end. Maybe ours is this. I wish it wasn't under this circumstance but everything has a reason. There's a time for everything, and everything has it's time and I think it's time for me to let go and say goodbye to a friendship I cherished and treasured. For my own peace of mind, for my own sanity, I am closing this door and walking away. It's sad, yeah, but I've cried my tears and there's nothing left. I'm okay now. Doing much better after learning how to accept. Now it's time for me to move on.

But thank you, though. I am not callous enough to not acknowledge that you've been a friend once upon a time. I'll cherish the laughter and the memories and I pray that God will continue to bless you on your life's journey. In time, if the roads of our lives converge again, I hope we could at least give each other a smile for old time's sake before we continue our life's walk.

I miss you more than I can bear, but we had our time together. I have to let you go.
- Cobb, Inception

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...