December 16, 2005

Jeremaiah 29:11

Remember my post last November 18? I posted about being excited about something and entrusting to God the results? Well, just got the results and what can I say? God indeed is wise and worthy of Praise! Early November, I applied for a promotion here in the company. I went through the exam and passed the exam by God's grace. I was interviewed November 19. 3 weeks after the interview I didn't get any updates regarding my application and also found out that they opened the position again. So I thought I didn't get the position and said, oh well, God knows what's best. I went my way, had fun with taking calls when all of a sudden I received an email informing me that my application is still being evaluated and they were sorry for the delay. At that point I was already having second thoughts about leaving our account because I was already enjoying. I prayed to God and told Him He is in control and that His will for my life be done. God reminded myself of this verse in the Bible: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version) I had peace. I lifted it to God and left it in His hands. Last tuesday our team manager approached me and asked me how my application went. I told him I didn't know yet cause they were still evaluating my application. I also told him about my apprehension to leave our account and he advised me to think about it. He told me they were finalizing the choices, so I would know this week. I said okay. Right before I went home he again reminded me to think about the application if I really wanted to leave our account. I was baffled, "Did this guy know something I don't?" But I brushed it off, I again reminded myself that God is in control and that i don't have to worry about it. This morning, I was a little nervous. I usually get email updates about my application on a Friday. So when I arrived here at the office, I checked my mail, no updates. A voice inside me was telling me that I was not accepted and that voice was trying to make me feel disappointed. I rebuked that voice by quoting Jeremiah 29:11. The voice quickly went away. Just as I stood up to get my stuff, one of the account supervisors called me and advised me to go to the department I was applying to. I had butterflies in my stomach. When I got there the department supervisor handed me a letter and congratulated me. Praise God! I got the position! I can't stop thanking God! But wait, God's blessing does not stop there! Just this morning, I was thinking of calling in sick on Sunday because it's our first wedding anniversary. I quickly prayed and told God that I'm sorry for even thinking that thought and told him that i didnt want to lie. I will go to work on Sunday. Guess what? When the Supervisor handed me the letter, I was told that it would be my interim rest day on Sunday!!! Isn't God AMAZING??!!!??? I just can't stop praising Him and am still in awe of how great, how good and how wonderful He is. Truly when you trust God, He will never disappoint. As what my spiritual family always reminds me, "God's delays are not His denials. " Praise God! I give Him all the Glory! "Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track." Proverbs 3:5-6 (The Message)

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...