December 13, 2005

Where Love and Justice Meet

I'm feeling lethargic today. I don't know if it's the weather or what, but all I want to do is sleep my head off. Talk about laziness. hehehe. Last night I started on Day 1 of Max Lucado's "Experiencing the Heart of Jesus." Day 1 of the book captured me so much that I had to stop myself from going to the next chapter. Topic was "Where Love and Justice Meet" and it talks about God's holiness and God's love for us. For if Holiness demands that sins be punished and Mercy compels that sinners be loved, how can God do both? The answer is God's great love for us, and the proof of His love is sending His one and only Son Jesus to die on the cross for us. "For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God's anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed his blood, sacrificing his life for us. God was being entirely fair and just when he did not punish those who sinned in former times. And he is entirely fair and just in this present time when he declares sinners to be right in his sight because they believe in Jesus." Romans 3:25-26 (New Living Translation) Our Lord Jesus took upon Himself all our sins, bore all the pain, just so we could be saved. He could have given up and went back to heaven, He could have told His father we were useless and beyond hope, but no, He loved us that much to go through all that just so we could be made righteous before God if we believe and have faith in what Jesus did. Isn't that amazing? I can't wait to read the next chapters! After reading Day 1, I thanked God for His great love for me, for while I was still a sinner, He sent His Son to die for me -- and YOU! "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Romans 5:8 (New Living Translation)

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...