June 20, 2007

What's With You Wordpress?!

This is my opinion and mine alone.

I just read somewhere that Wordpress has been closing blogs that have paid posts on them. I just wanted to say Boo! you WordPress! I just visited a co-postie blog at wordpress and was welcomed with a sign that the blog has been suspended for a violation of their terms of service. According to their terms of service, this is what was violated;

the Content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);

I don't think our posts are spams. Let's say there are those that are, but I wish Wordpress would first check out the site and read through the posts before tagging it as misleading people or branding it as spam. When visitors visit our site and click on a link, the decision to avail or buy a certain product is theirs alone. We merely give out opinions. If all of the posts on a certain blog are pure paid posts then that's spam.

I just hope Blogger would not do something like this. I love blogger because of it's easy to use interface. All my blogs are here.

If you want to read more, click here.

And to Wordpress, this is definitely not a paid post and I am not linking you up.

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...