April 25, 2010

Sunday Running

Since the husbo had work today, I went to my usual running grounds with friends. We met at UP and I did my 3k run-walk program. I noticed I can run longer this time without really catching my breath so I guess I've improved a bit. If I can just kick this bad habit of mine, I am sure I will be able to run for 30 minutes straight. Patience is what I need.

The only thing blocking my improvement would be these exercise-induced headaches/migraines. I've noticed that after every run, my head throbs like crazy, I feel like puking and I can't look at bright lights. It's quite a bummer but it won't stop me from running. Like they say, no pain, no gain!

On another note, we are now all set for the Nature Valley Run 2010 on May 30. Some very good friends of ours took care of the registration and we got our race kits today. The kit includes the singlet, race bib number and the running chip. I am beyond excited and more motivated now to run every other day. Oh, and finally got the race results for Earth Run 2010. I finished at 46:51. Not bad considering I walked most of the route. LOL! I need to do better on my next 5k.

That's it for now. On my next post, I will share some tips on how to stop exercise induced headaches/migraines.

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...