October 27, 2010

LET POSITIVITY START WITH YOURSELF



"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi




One of my favorite positive blogs, Zen Habits, led me to a new online treasure: Tiny Buddha. The blog just reeks of positivity I couldn't take my eyes off the pages!

One particular post I liked was 25 Ways to Be Good for Someone Else (Be the Positivity You Want to Feel). Just like the author, my life was all about negativity and I spared no one. I wanted all to hear about how other people ruined and hurt me. It was not only tiresome for the people listening, it was tiresome for me as well, having to repeat all that negativity.

Just recently, I chose to stop being a channel of negativity. I chose to try to bring happiness, no matter how small, into other people's lives.
The article and the entire blog was very helpful for me in my quest for positivity. It helped reaffirmed my decision to have a positive outlook in life. It's a struggle I face every day, having been used to the negative chatter (bad habits die hard, but, they do eventually haha!), nonetheless, I agree with the author/blogger that being nice and kind to other people helps.

Think about it, instead of polluting your mind thinking of ways on how to get back at people who've hurt you, try to fill your mind with ways on how to make a difference in someone's life. How to make someone smile. See, even now you're smiling just thinking about doing it, right?! I know I am. :-)
So today, (taking this from TinyBuddha) right now, think about this: "What's the kindest thing you can do for someone else?"

Stew on the question and really think about your answer. It doesn't have to be super grand or elaborate. A simple act will do. Let me know your thoughts on that one, okay? I am sure you'll find more than a hundred ways!

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...