April 11, 2005

First Day of Training

Today was the first day of training in my new job. This week, we will be tackling Accent Neutralization and a brief run through of American Geography. And so we wouldn't get bored, NHO (New Hire Orientation) will be injected everyday. It was okay. Met lots of new people. Employee compensation and benefits were discussed a while ago and I was impressed. This is one hell of an employee-friendly company. One of the benefits that I particularly like (aside from the employee discounts in particular stores)was their tie-up with fitness first. Finally, I can go to the gym! One of the problems I had with Fitness First was that they only approve you for membership if you have a credit card, which I don't have (and I don't plan to get one). With their tie up, an employee, upon regularization, can enroll at fitness first, waived membership fee, plus no credit card required, payments will be made through salary deductions. It's still 6 months away, but at least I would have something to look forward to (sana maregularize! hehehe!) aside from the salary increase and other monetary incentives :) I would have taken pictures but unfortunately, digital cameras were not allowed inside the office. I had to leave my cell phone and digital camera with the guard. :( sayang. The only not-so-nice thing today was waking up in the wee hours of the morning. Grave yard shift I am used to, but waking up at 3AM was new to me. I literally had to shake myself awake. but nice din cause there was no traffic. :) Oh well, got to review now. 50 US States, Capitals and Abbreviations again....:)

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...