December 10, 2005

My Life Manual

Went out for coffee last night and a fresh dose of spiritual wisdom. This coming January, I will be attending the Victory Weekend and a requirement of that is to go through the "one to one" session. "One to one" is where you and a spiritually mature person (who has gone through victory weekend already) will discuss the basics on how to live a spiritual-filled life. But wait, before you think this is boring, think again. Like I said, I had so much fun last night. I've been having one to one sessions with my friend Rache for the past few months now and every session we had was filled with sharing about our spiritual growth, prayers and chit chats about everything and anything under the sun. Last night we discussed chapters 5,6 and 7 of the manual. The thing that struck me most was learning about the Bible, that just like we need food to grow strong physically, we need to crave reading, understanding and obeying the Bible to help us grow strong spiritually. "Like newborn babies you should crave (thirst for, earnestly desire) the pure (unadulterated) spiritual milk, that by it you may be nurtured and grow unto [completed] salvation, Since you have [already] tasted the goodness and kindness of the Lord." 1 Peter 2:2-3 (Amplified Bible) Reading God's word has always proven challenging in the past. When I wake up in the morning, I have to rush for work. When I get home, I feel tired and sleepy already and could not focus. There are times when I couldn't really understand anything even if I've reread the verse or chapter several times already. But lately, with God's grace and guidance, I actually look forward to reading the Bible. All the scriptures can be used in any facet of my life in so many different ways! The truths found in it, the promises, the stories, everything about the Bible is so amazing it makes me want to read it all the more! The Bible is what I consider my "manual" for life. The Bible is so useful in everyday life if you just take to heart all the promises of God stated in it, after all, it is GOD'S WORD. :) "Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another--showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (The Message) I am just so amazed of how God is changing my heart little by little everyday, but of course that's a different post for a different day. ;) That said, I'd like to say thanks to a very dear friend of ours,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*****photo swiped from Rache's Blog*****

Rache, thank you so much for always being there. For the laughter, for the kuento, for the prayers, for sharing your walk with the Lord. Thank you very much for the friendship! I am just so thankful God sent you into my life -- into our lives. Like what God says in His word: "It's better to have a partner than go it alone. Share the work, share the wealth. And if one falls down, the other helps, But if there's no one to help, tough!" Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (The Message) I pray that God will bless you, Oli and the kids to overflowing! Looking forward to more years of growing together in the Lord!

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...