May 26, 2006

I am Favored!

Rache suggested I read the book by Joel Osteen "Your Best Life Now". Since I don't have the book yet, I went to Joel Osteen's site and subscribed to their daily reading sent via email. I have been receiving them daily and I must say I am blessed! Today's reading is about God's favor. Here's an excerpt of today's word: "God wants to pour out His abundant blessings, His abundant victory, and His abundant favor in your life! The Bible tells us that God has crowned us with glory and honor. Another word for honor is "favor." In other words, God has crowned us with His favor! Get rid of that weak-worm-of-the-dust-mentality! Don't be timid and insecure any longer–expect good things from God. Live with confidence, knowing that you have the favor of God surrounding your every step! You are a child of the Most High God. He has crowned you with glory and honor–not because of who you are, but because of Whose you are! As God's child, He wants you to have preferential treatment. He wants you to be favored in this life. He wants you to be "favor-minded." To be favor-minded simply means that you are releasing your faith, knowing that God wants to help you. The more favor-minded you are, the more of God's favor you're going to see! Begin to declare that you have the favor of God and expect God's favor to bring you to a place of victory in every area of your life!" I was used to thinking that God only bestows blessing if you did something that pleased Him; That God was only looking at the things I did wrong. It was as if God was waiting for me to make the wrong move and punish me. I was wrong. God is a good and loving God. And His Grace is immeasurable! My problem was I did not have an expecting attitude because I felt I did not deserve His abundant blessings. Well, as a sinner I don't. But as I said, God is full of grace and He loves us so much that even if we do not deserve His blessings, He wants to give shower us with lots of them. We only need to declare that as God's children and co-heirs with Christ, we are favored and we need to expect God's favor. Of course, it goes without saying that we also need to hear and obey God's Word. :) I am favored by God! So, Father in Heaven, thank you for loving me so much! Help me to keep your words in my heart that I may not sin against you. I claim your many promises in my life and declare that by Your infinite grace, I am favored by You. I thank you for the many blessings you have showered me and the abundant and overfowing blessings that are to come. Help me, change my heart so I may live a lifeof confidence and blessing, a life of Victory through You! In the mighty name of Jesus! Amen.

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...