June 12, 2006

Out of the Mouth

You know how it is when you have all these negative thoughts that pull you down and all you want to do is blurt it out to someone? Well, I have always lived like that until I learned that what you say and declare can make a huge impact on your life and those around you. When I read Matthew 15, Jesus' words made a strong impact: ;"> "What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' " Matthew 15:11 (NIV) "Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' " Matthew 15:17-18 (NIV) I have always lived my life voicing out my frustrations, my fears, never thinking that doing so would actually give life to them. I've noticed that everytime I declare something negative that happens into my life, I become more frustrated. It does not ease the feelings I have in my heart, the burden only becomes heavier. I would want to talk to another person, talk about my hurts all over again, until it becomes a vicious cycle and all the people around you also feel the same frustration (and not to mention become frustrated with you as well). Our words have power. Power to encourage and destroy not only the people around you, but also our own lives. The Word of God says: "The more talk, the less truth; the wise measure their words." Proverbs 10:19 (The Message) So true! Just now I felt this overwhelming irritation towards a person who never stops complaining and whining about the smallest things! (I saw myself in him and thought eeww! that must be how I sound! =( ) I so wanted to tell this person to shut up because I was so irritated with all the talking! I also wanted to tell someone about his irritating habit! I thank God that He tapped me on the back and made me realize that doing so would not only hurt that person's feelings but also the person I would tell the story to would also feel irritated towards him. Instead, God asked me to pray for him, and that's what I did! Lo and behold, the person stopped talking! Hehehe! Let me share to you some excerpts on Today's word from Pastor Joel Osteen : "Your words have creative power and you can use them as a destructive force or as an instrument of blessing. If you continually speak negative words over your life, then eventual defeat will be the result. In the same way, if you speak words of faith and victory, you will see a harvest of blessing not only in your own life, but also in the lives of those around you. Don't give life to your negative thoughts by speaking them out. You can't continue to speak negative words filled with doubt and unbelief and expect to have a positive life full of joy and hope. You can change your situation by changing your words. Talk about your visions, your dreams. Declare that you can do all things through Christ and that you are more than a conqueror. When you find yourself in a difficult situation, don't say the first thing that pops into your head. Learn to control your emotions and take those thoughts captive. When you use words of faith and victory God will fight your battles for you. You'll overcome every challenge that you face and you will live the abundant life that God has in store for you." Lord, all of my life I have given life to my negative thoughts and feelings. Always ready to say the negative things in my heart to those willing to listen, not realizing that in doing so, I've pulled them down instead of up. Today I ask you to please help me guard my mind and mouth at all times. Remind me that they have the power to either bless or curse. Help me to use it as a constant blessing not only over the lives of the people around me but over my life as well. Help me to trust You more and to always declare a life of victory through Your Son Jesus so that I may live my life victorious; filled with your abundant blessings! I ask you this in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...