May 22, 2006

Moving On

I've moved! I guess I never expected the workload to be that heavy back there. I was overworked and underpaid but I shrugged the thought off. I wanted to give them a chance because I've always thought the company had good management..that is until the start of 2006. I really don't know what happened. All of a sudden thing started to change. First, they got this timekeeping and payroll program that they rolled out without even doing thorough testing. It was really a big disappointment. I won't go into the details anymore but what sparked me to find other opportunities was when I did not receive my salary. All because of that program. What's worse was it happened during the lenten season, no finance or payroll people to assist you. It was just that so many things were left hanging because of what happened. Bills went unpaid, etc. I was disappointed. How can a company this big make this huge mistake? Well, I wasn't the only one who didn't get paid. There were a lot of employees who experienced the same inconvenience. What's worse was that I didn't get my paycheck until days later. Second, they change their healthcard plan, without cascading the information to the employees. Imagine this, my husband (who is my dependent) goes to the hospital to have an ultrasound (for his kidneys). he goes to the cashier to have it verified and to his horror, the cashier told him he has to shoulder the bill first then have it reimbursed to the company. I mean, what is a healthcard for?! What if it was an emergency and you didn't have money with you? And we have to find out when we were there already. Man, that health benefit was one of the reasons why I was trying to motivate myself not to leave the company. I mean health benefit isn't a small thing, you know. I know they have the right to change plans. I just wish they had informed us first. That and so many other things sparked me to find other doors of opportunity. I prayed about it and asked God for direction. I prayed for His will if He really wants me to move. I prayed that if it was His will for me to leave then please open doors of opportunity for me. God answered my prayer a week later. I got this call from a company and God gave me a lot more with this company. So far it's been great. I just pray that God gives me more patience. I know there isn't a perfect company. Sorry, I know I'm being angsty again. For other updates.. 1. We welcome AMIEL CHRISTIAN A. BELEN to our family! No, he's not our baby heheheh. He's the son of Ping's cousin Cary and his wife Amy. He was born last April 12, 2006. Welcome to the world baby Amiel! We are praying that you will grow up to be a good boy! :) 2. Please pray for my hubby Ping. He was diagnosed to have kidney stones on both his kidneys (0.6 cm on the left and 0.5cm on the right). And according to his lumbar x ray, he also has mild scoliosis. We are claiming healing. We know that God is bigger than anything! We just proclaim healing in Jesus name! So, that's all the update I have for now. :) We're still praying for our little angel to come in God's time. 'til the next post. God bless everyone!

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...