June 22, 2006

What's In a Name?

Work's been pretty light this morning so I decided to surf (bad hehehe!), and guess what I found? The meaning of my second name "NYREE." Found this at www.thinkbabynames.com "The name Nyree is pronounced ny-REE. It is of Maori origin. From Ngaire. Nyree was also the second name given to what is now called Armenia. It dates back to before Christ. The name Nyree has been used in the Armenian race for both men and women. Made familiar in the 1960s-1970s by New Zealand actress Nyree Dawn Porter." For so long when people ask me what my second name meant and where my mom got it, I often answer with a shrug. Now I know what to tell them. ;-)

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...