August 3, 2006

Faith

I've been neglecting my blog, tsk! tsk!

So, how's everyone? I hope y'all are doing great.

So what's been happening to me? Well, I've got a few updates in hand, but before I go into them, I would just like to greet my Daddy (My Father in Law) a Happy 64th Birthday!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Daddy, you're the best and I am blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for the love and care you have always showered on us. I pray that God will continue to bless you with more birthdays with us! Hope you'll have a blast on your birthday! We love you!

Okay, so let's get on with the udpate. We recently received a blessing. Something we have been praying for for the longest time. Lest any of you think it's a baby, well, no, not in human form anyway. We just wanted to call her our baby because it was something we have together :) So without further ado, we introduce you to our new baby, FAITH.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We named her FAITH because it was by Faith that she was given to us. :) We are enjoying her immensely. My husband can not take his eyes off her hehehe!

Well, we don't have our human baby yet. Something that we have been praying for too. But unlike before, I don't go into depression anymore. For those of you who don't know, I was diagnosed to have endometrioma in my left ovary, making it hard for me to get pregnant. For months I have been on a roller coaster ride. There's the anticipation of waiting for signs of being pregnant. The hoping when my period was late. The disappointment when pregnancy tests turn negative. The frustration and the depression when period finally comes. I've always felt like being tortured. It seems like everyone I knew was either pregnant, got pregnant or giving birth.

One day I just cried my eyes and heart out to God. Asking Him questions like why? or Are we not fit to be parents? or When? Then, when I was finally still before Him, with nothing more to say, no more tears to cry, His peace came to me, soothing me, carrying me through the storm. "My child, My ways are not your ways, what i have promised I shall bring to pass. You only need to trust and wait. " I stopped crying immediately as I remembered a verse in the Bible that had the same thought:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed." Isaiah 55:8-13 (New International Version)

So, here I am. Finally learning how to trust the promise giver. As someone once told me, the promise is as powerful as the promise giver. I am just happy to know that our baby will come, though not now, in God's prefect time. :)

No comments:

Catching Fire!

Oooh! Another movie for me to watch out for! Catching Fire will come to theaters November 22, 2013!  Here's a sneak peek of the releas...